Statement from the Executive Committee regarding Covid-19
16 MARCH 2020
In light of the address by the President on Sunday, 15 March 2020, the Executive Committee of the Board of Rata states the following:
- Personnel need to be proactive and identify high risk situations. It is important not to create panic.
- Personal actions: refrain from physical contact as far as possible.
- Keep yourself informed from reputable sources and do not share any forwarded messages on Rata social media and platforms
- Regarding the rendering of social services, social workers should:
- Limit home visits without putting vulnerable children and clients at risk.
- Limit office appointments with clients and conduct telephonic interviews wherever possible.
- All offices must make sure they are equipped with soap / sanitizer and have it available for all persons who visit the office.
- At this stage, court appointments cannot be avoided. Personnel are advised to follow the regulations put in place by officials.
- All Rata projects and group work must be cancelled until further notice.
- If a personnel member experiences any symptoms, they must impose self-quarantine, undergo the necessary testing and inform the relevant authorities
- The following notice must be displayed in all offices and communal areas:
Dr. Martin van Rensburg
Board of Directors: Secretary
Rata is committed to create an environment that is safe and healthy for Rata personnel as well as our clients.
Please adhere to the following:
- Avoid physical contact
- Avoid contact with contaminated surfaces, objects or items of personal use
- Keep doors and windows open as much as possible to promote air circulation
- Wash hands regularly for at least 20 seconds
- Take precautions not to get infected or infect colleagues and clients
- If you experience any symptoms, impose self-quarantine and inform the authorities
If you think you might have contracted the virus, you should call the
NICD helpline on 0800 029 999
They will advise you where the closest public or private facility is for you to go for a test and how to access the facility. The testing is completely free.
The NCID website can be viewed for more information